Thursday, December 22, 2005

Peace with your Elf

Ahhh, at last. After a whole year in which I have done yoga a mere handful of times, and never with enough peace and quiet to really do it right, I've had a good one. It wasn't particularly quiet, there were still three other people moving around the house and going about the business of their day, but I was. I was in the right place, and it felt like some miraculous event, the stars aligning just right for one minute of one day in a hundred. In actual fact, in the grander scheme of things, it wasn't that big a deal. There were no dazzling revelations, no bright lights, no spiritual fireworks. It was, however, damned good. It was one of those moments where you really find that place and you just feel like you heave this great, blissful sigh and go, "ah, why didn't I do this sooner? Why don't I do it more often?!" So I feel pretty spectacular right now. I've got that warm yogic afterglow and I thought that I'd try and share just a little of it. I feel calm, collected, centred and utterly at peace with the world.
One thought that did pop into my head whilst practicing was one regarding my previous post. I thought of another way of looking at that. It's perhaps not exactly the same idea, although similar. I thought, "focus on love". When I say love, I don't mean a typical notion of romantic love, or some tree hugging, e-d up, "I love everyone, man" hippy shit. I mean love in a sense where it could also be described as peace or faith. A love where you truly, genuinely feel at peace with yourself and the world and want to share that sense of calm and harmony. You want to experience the good in life, and you want others to do so too. So you focus on that. You choose it. You trust that life, the world and people around you aren't out to get you, and relinquish control, let things flow. Let's face it, in life, we see what we want to see, and that, on a deeper and far more subtle level, leads to our experiences in life being in accordance with that vision. So if we teach ourselves what to focus on in life, what to believe in, it will begin to filter down through the layers of our consciousness, until it begins to make a profound change in our lives. Again, though, we have to choose it. We have to commit to it. We have to make a promise to ourselves that we will continue to strive for it, because we care enough about ourselves and others to make that change.
So what do you reckon? Good? Do you agree, or do you just think that I'm the tree hugger? Just give it some thought, because although I'm prepared to admit that it's quite possibly just the yogic afterglow talking, it seems pretty good and pretty true to me right now. I'm going to go and have some brekkie now. You Guys have fun and I'll post again really soon. Love you's xxx

1 Comments:

At December 22, 2005 8:56 pm , Blogger Simon said...

TREE HUGGER!

Ha ha, only kidding ;)

There's a passage in Bodymind by Ken Dychtwald that fits very well here, a realisation he had after several days of fasting and meditation. I'm afraid I don't have time to post the whole thing but it begins:

"I do not need to fill myself up with love, I am already filled up with love"

I think that's probably enough for you :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home