Monday, October 31, 2005

He Who Dares Rodders...

I'm sure you all know that feeling when you have pressing things to attend to, but can't, the way they hang over you. That has been the case with my application to migrate to Australia as Lisa's de facto spouse. (I am currently on a visa provided by the company, a visa that can only be held for so long, and also means I am a temporary resident and can only work for that one company). I first visited the migration agent in Februaury this year and got all the info on how it would work, although discovered that it was something that, at that time at least, was beyond my financial means (it still is to some degree!) . The government fees alone for lodging the application are 1,300 AU$. A medical also has to be undergone at the cost of 300AU$, amongst other things. Anyhoo, the company kindly extended my visa for another six months, until the end of this year, in order for me to get my shit (read cash) together. So now I've finally got everything together, filled out all the forms, gathered and had translated a whole heap of fairly random seeming documents to provide evidence of the relationship. I went and saw Brucey today (the migration agent, lovely Bloke) to have him look over everything and see that it's all in order. It is, apparently, all good and he couldn't see how they could possibly refuse the application. He also informed me that the department of immigration have, in the last couple of weeks, reinstated a system they had a couple of years ago whereby one makes an appointment for an interview, takes in the application and all supporting documents, as well as one's spouse. They then interview you both, look over the info and make a decision on the spot. Good eh?! Certainly compared to the system I thought I would have to use, i.e. lodge application, wait 4-12 weeks until they contact you with an interview date, wait longer until they tell you what's going on. So things are moving pretty quick now, after having been at a complete standstill for so long. I've hustled and bustled all day, and just called up and made my appointment for the 28th of November. I know it's probably not that big a deal but I feel pretty good about it all right now. I feel a bit like, "He who dares Rodders, he who dares my son!!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home