Monday, November 28, 2005

Not Permanent, but a little more so...

Well, after a year of stressing about it, looking at the fees and going, "I can't afford that right now", I finally had my interview to lodge my application for migration today. And it worked. Almost too easy. So I am, as of this morning, an official temporary resident in Australia. This means I have all the benefits of being a permanent resident, except for being able to claim benefits. Fine, I wasn't planning to do that anyway. God help you, Australia, I've been let loose!!!
The big question now is how to celebrate. The great thing is that we have today off work, but I am going to train in about an hour and am sure Michael will come up with some little treats for me, he always does! Then, tonight, having booked it months ago, is finally the night we go and see the Kaiser Chiefs and the Foo Fighters perform, YAY! I reckon that should be quite a celebration.
I have just one more thing to add to this rambling, really pretty appallingly written post. It's nearly Christmas and I'm really getting into the spirit of the season. It feels great. I'll write more about it soon. Love you all xxxxx

2 Comments:

At November 29, 2005 9:18 am , Blogger Bodhi said...

Maaaaaaaaaate ... :-)

 
At November 30, 2005 2:43 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooooohhhhhhhh - my baby! Lucky you're coming home for a visit soon! x x x x x xxxxx oxoxoxoxoxox

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home